After reading recipe after recipe for breakfast casseroles, I couldn't find one that I liked so I made this one up. Amazingly Sam liked it and went back for seconds. Its quick and dumb easy and requires a minimal amount of prep time, leftovers freeze well too. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) box Morningstar Farms vegetarian breakfast links
- 4 -8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (depending upon taste)
- 1 cup milk
- 5 eggs
- 1 (6 ounce) package yellow cornbread mix (read ingredients to makes sure there’s no lard or other animal fats in the mix)
- 1 -2 dash cholula brand hot sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease a 10” glass pie pan with non-stick cooking spray – set aside.
- 2Heat breakfast links in microwave until warm, remove from microwave and chop up.
- 3Combine the corn bread mix, eggs, milk, hot sauce, mustard, and cayenne pepper in large mixing bowl – either beat by hand or using an electric mixer or food processor – set aside.
- 4In pie pan layer the chopped breakfast links to cover the bottom.
- 5Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 6Spread the grated cheese evenly over the sausage.
- 7Pour cornbread, egg and milk batter over the sausage and cheese.
- 8Place in preheated oven bake for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- 9Let rest 10 minutes, slice and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Breakfast Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.8
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 135.8 mg
- Sodium 321.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Morningstar Farms vegetarian breakfast links