Recipe by Is This Really Necessary
Nice meat alternative. Nothing fancy, but it does the trick quite well. Can be prepared in advance up to and including step 2.
- 4 slices day-old whole meal bread
- 125 ml stock
- 200 g tasty cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons fried onions
- 20 g butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Reduce stock to half its original volume.
- Stir egg with pepper and garam marsala. Crumble in bread. Mix with reduced stock, cheese, and fired shallots/onions. Knead into a dough-like consistency. Form four patties.
- Heat butter. Fry patties in butter at medium heat until golden brown (circa 4 mins to a side).