This is one of the best (and easiest) black bean soups I've ever had!
Make and share this Vegetarian Black Bean Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can vegetable broth, divided
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup potato, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced
- In a saucepan, bring the onion, garlic and 1/4 cup broth to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 6-8 minutes or until onion it tender.
- Stir in beans, potato, thyme, cumin, and broth; return to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20-25 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in tomatoes and hot pepper sauce; heat through.
- Sprinkle with green onion.