1/3 Photos of Vegetarian Black Bean Soup
This is one of the best (and easiest) black bean soups I've ever had!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can vegetable broth, divided
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup potato, peeled and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1In a saucepan, bring the onion, garlic and 1/4 cup broth to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat, cover and simmer 6-8 minutes or until onion it tender.
- 3Stir in beans, potato, thyme, cumin, and broth; return to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20-25 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- 5Stir in tomatoes and hot pepper sauce; heat through.
- 6Sprinkle with green onion.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Black Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.9
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 10.6 g