Recipe by SweetySJD
This is one of the best (and easiest) black bean soups I've ever had!
Top Review by pequotkate
We're cheap, poor, creative, picky and hungry. And vegetarian. This worked. Moreover, my gourmand husband said this was the best thing I've made in 22 years. It's filling but double the recipe. They'll want more. Sour creme's a good touch. Nice job, you guys!
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can vegetable broth, divided
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup potato, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, bring the onion, garlic and 1/4 cup broth to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 6-8 minutes or until onion it tender.
- Stir in beans, potato, thyme, cumin, and broth; return to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20-25 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in tomatoes and hot pepper sauce; heat through.
- Sprinkle with green onion.