1/7 Photos of Vegetarian Black Bean/Hamburger Tacos
This recipe uses Mexican flavored vegetarian Hamburger and it is very good. You may cook your own black beans but to simplify the recipe I used a 16oz can of black beans. Be inventive and add your own choice of vegetables. Your shells should be heated but watch they burn very quickly. I like to put everything on the table and let folks build their own so the shells stay crisp and the ingredients hot. If you are making Tostados add more black beans , burger etc to the shell because 1 Tostado is a whole meal. This recipe makes 6 Tacos or 4 Tostados
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeds & membrane removed, finely chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (340 g) package Mexican vegetarian ground meat substitute
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese or 1 1/2 cups soy cheese, shredded
- 1 cup salsa (your favorite)
- 3/4 cup sour cream (optional)
- 2 avocados (optional)
- 6 taco shells or 6 tostado shells
- 1Over medium heat fry the garlic & peppers in the olive oil for 3 minutes.
- 2Add drained beans (reserve juice) and mash them, mixing in the peppers & garlic,.
- 3Add bean juice as needed for a nice consistency. Mix well & stir frequently.
- 4Heat the vegetarian hambugerr in a skillet over medium heat, stir frequently.
- 5When the beans are ready, the burger heated through assemble your tacos.
- 6Put 3 tbsp of beans in the bottom of the shell, add 3 tbsp burger, then the lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and salsa.
- 7Top with sour cream and sliced Avocado (if using) or serve your avocado on the side.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Black Bean/Hamburger Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (597 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 555.5
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 59.3 mg
- Sodium 980.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.7 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 28.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Mexican vegetarian ground meat substitute