Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple Latin quisine and one of our familys lunch favorites.
- 1 (15 ounce) canorganic tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons cumin powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup organic shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons unfiltered extra virgin olive oil
- 12 wheat flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine the tomato sauce with 1 tbsp of cumin and 1 tsp chili, whisk and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the black beans,green chilies, the remaining cumin and garlic. Mix well.
- Put some olive oil on the bottom of a large casserole pan. Pour 1 cup of tomato sauce mixture onto the bottom.
- Take a tortilla, put 2 heaping tbsp of the bean mixture down the center, then roll up the tortilla and place it in the casserole pan. Continue until all tortillas are filled and rolled.
- Add sauce to the top of the tortillas in the the casserole pan. Make sure all are covered with the sauce.
- Cover the whole thing with the grated cheese.
- Bake the enchiladas for 20-25 minutes until the cheese melts.