I serve this with a cheddar cornbread ring.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 sweet green pepper, chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 2 (19 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon crumbled dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Cook garlic, onion, carrot, jalapeno, and green pepper, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until softened.
- 2Stir in tomatoes, beans, chili powder, cumin, and rosemary. Bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes. Season with salt.
- 4Serve garnished with: grated cucumber, sour cream or plain yogurt, grated cheddar cheese.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Black Bean Chili
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.1
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 625.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 27.4 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 26.2 g