Recipe by mrs. gilliam
Very simple. very good. My husband is a meat eater and loves these. Vegetarian twist on a classic home style dish.
- 1 (26 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 13 ounces milk (use 1/2 the can from the soup)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen veggie sausage
- 1 (16 ounce) package buttermilk biscuits (refrigerator kind)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare biscuits according to pkg instructions; set aside.
- Cook sausage in skillet with a bit of nonstick spray until browned, about 5-6 minutes (if using sausage patties or links, crumble or chop while cooking).
- Whisk together soup and 1/2 can of milk. Use less or more milk depending on how thick you want gravy.
- Add in sausage and pepper.
- Heat until warm.
- Pour gravy over biscuits and enjoy!
- Suggestion- bake the biscuits while you make the gravy to save time.