Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My kids go crazy for this. It's really easy to adjust for taste, I do it a bit differently every time.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans
- 4 tofu hot dogs
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- Mix everything but veggie dogs and white beans in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Drain and rinse white beans.
- Chop veggie dogs.
- Toss these into the sauce pan. Cook over medium heat stirring frequently until warm. This can also be cooked in a crock pot.
The sauce was a little too sweet for my taste, and the beans were too firm. I think this recipe definitely should be cooked in a crock pot and the sugar content decreased. On the good side it got my 2 year old to try veggie hotdogs, and she loved them.