1/5 Photos of Vegetarian Bean and Lentil Tacos
I am really trying to eat less meat these days. I was looking for something quick to make but without bouncing back to cooking meat. I looked around at what I had in my cupboards and fridge and came up with these. We enjoyed the way they turned out and will for sure have them again. I suspect this would make a nice tortilla filling too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup mushroom, finely sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can cooked lentils, drained
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fajita seasoning mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 8 taco shells
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Heat oil in a large pan over a medium heat.
- 2Add in the shredded carrots, zucchini, chopped onions and the garlic powder.
- 3Stir for a minute two before reducing the heat and letting them sweat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add the lentils, mushrooms and fajitas seasoning and cooking, stirring often, over medium heat for another five minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, put the taco shells in the oven to cook through. The ones that I buy take about 5 minutes so this can be done while the lentils and mushrooms are cooking down.
- 6Stir the refried beans into the vegetable and lentil mixture until everything is combined and the beans are just warmed through.
- 7Spoon the lentil and bean mixture into the taco shells and top with shredded cheese.
- 8Add any of the other toppings you may enjoy and eat as you would a 'normal' taco.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Bean and Lentil Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (1385 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.2
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 61.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fajita seasoning mix
reduced-fat cheddar cheese