Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Very yummy. From the book "The Higher Taste" and they are verrry good. I've never been big on vegetarian, but these are worth it.
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- flour (for coating)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- seasoned dry bread crumb (for coating)
- oil (for deep frying) or ghee (for deep frying)
- basil leaves (for garnishing)
- Coat the cheese in flour, dip into the buttermilk, then into the bread crumbs. Repeat this process.
- Deep fry cubes a few at a time in hot oil until golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot garnished w/ basil leaves.
- This can also be serve w/ a sweet and sour sauce, or tomato chutney (also a posted recipe.).