Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is vegetarian, but it makes a nice side for chicken, fish or beef.
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped into small cubes
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped into small pieces
- 5 slices bread, with crusts removed cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable stock
- 1⁄4 cup wine (or another 1/4 cup vegetable stock)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (or 1 tbsp. dried)
- Combine all of the Vegetables in a casserole dish.
- Then in a small bowl combine topping.
- Whisk the above together and then pour over the vegetable mixture.
- Cover and bake about 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
- A baked sweet potato goes great with this.
This was pretty good, but not what I was expecting. I thought the lemon flavor was a bit too much and would cut back on that next time. Also, I think this would need more bread in order for me to feel like it was stuffing. There were so many veggies they overpowered the stuffingness. The flavor was good though and I can see how a few changes would make this a good dish for us.