1/5 Photos of Vegetarian Baked Stuffed Red Bell Peppers
Strawberry Girl's Note:
Good served with: stewed tomatoes and corn bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup long-grain rice (preferably brown)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large sweet peppers (preferably red)
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely diced
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten (or equivalent egg substitute)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crumbled
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Cook rice in 1-1/2 cups boiling salted water for 35 minutes or until tender.
- 2Drain if necessary.
- 3Set aside. Cut peppers in half.
- 4Remove seeds and white membrane. Parboil peppers in boiling salted water for 5 minutes.
- 5Arrange in slightly oiled, shallow 1-1/2 quart baking dish.
- 6Melt butter in small skillet. Add onion, celery, and sunflower seeds.
- 7Saute until onion is tender.
- 8Remove from heat. Stir into rice. Add parsley, eggs, oregano, jalapeno pepper, black pepper, and salt to taste. Fill peppers with mixture. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- 9Put about 1/3 cup hot water in bottom of dish.
- 10(I use the water used to parboil the peppers.) Bake at 400 F for about 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Baked Stuffed Red Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 423.6
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 130.7 mg
- Sodium 803.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 14.2 g