Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A rice recipe from a 1930's cookbook. I like it I thought some of you may also. Peas, green limas, or carrots may be added instead of the corn depending on what you like
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pimientos, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 16 ounces tomatoes
- 1 cup corn, cooked or 1 cup canned corn
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 1 egg, hard boiled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, grated (optional)
- cook onions and pimento in the oil for 3 minutes
- add the flour to thicken (mix well).
- add tomatoes and stir til thickens slightly.
- add corn, rice, egg and seasonings.
- put in baking dish, sprinkle cheese over top and bake at 400 F for 20 minutes.