Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my favorite sandwich that I came up with. It's a bit messy but well worth it.
- 1 bagel (I like the everything or onion bagels)
- cucumber, slices
- tomatoes, slices
- cream cheese
- salt and pepper
- slice cucumber and tomatos.
- toast bagel until desired darkness is reached.
- butter both sides of bagels (keeps it from being dry).
- spread cream cheese on both sides of bagel.
- place veggie slices inside bagel.
- salt and pepper to taste.
I make similar versions of this quite often in the summer when the cucumbers and tomatoes are plentiful. I like to use the everything thin bagels - lightly toasted. For this, I used chive cream cheese. Makes a fabulous lunch! The butter is nice, but I think you can skip it without taking away from the flavor. Thanx!
I love this sandwich. I added thinly sliced onion and used a whole wheat bagel. I think sprouts would be a great addition, but my store doesn't sell them anymore. I could eat this for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Thanks for posting the recipe.
A very nice basic sandwich that could easily be expanded upon! Thinking some sprouts would be nice. I made using an everything bagel and am so glad I did as the toasted onion and garlic on the bagel bring a lot to this sandwich. Thanks for the post.