Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
These sandwiches are great for a quick-fix lunch, snack, or appetizer -- you really can't go wrong!
Make and share this Vegetarian Avocado Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- 4 whole wheat flatbread buns (I use Nature's Own sandwich rounds)
- 1 mashed avocado
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Combine avocado, tomato and onion in a small mixing bowl.
- Place the muffin-halves close together and open-faced on a cookie sheet. Top each half with avocado mixture, dressing, cheese and salt and pepper (optional).
- Place under broiler for about 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Great sandwich and easy to make too! Instead of English muffins I used the new thin type hamburger buns. I really enjoyed this and will make again! Thanks! Made for PAC game in the contests forum-April 2010.
Mmmmmm.....Nice! I didn't have any English muffins, so I used rye bread and smeared the dressing on before topping with the avocado mixutre. Yummy! Thanks for posting.
Even more delicious than it sounds! I used green onions, homemade ranch (4 times the amount called for) and doubled the avocado and tomatoes. A perfect combo!