Recipe by Mamassage
We've all seen the recipes around. But I could never eat the meat kind. So I tried a few, left what worked and tossed the rest. Here is what I've found that works for me. Now, sometimes I use a little extra sausage. So I keep a bit more on hand, just in case. I hope you enjoy it, too.
- 16 fresh jalapeno peppers
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) package seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 package Gimmie Lean sausage flavor
- 1⁄4 cup Bacos bacon bits
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, Bacos, chives, and hot sauce. In a separate bowl, mix the uncooked sausage and Cheddar cheese. On a flat surface, mix the seasoned coating mix, cumin, and chili powder.
- 3 Cut a slit lengthwise into each jalapeno pepper, and remove the seeds. Stuff the peppers with the cream cheese mixture.Press the sausage mixture around the stuffed jalapenos, and roll in the seasoned coating mix to coat.
- 4 Arrange the coated jalapenos on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until the sausage is evenly brown.