Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
It seems strange at first but try it. My family was so used to eating steak every night that they were scared to try it, but they love it. It's a nice healthy change.
- 2 granny smith apples, cored and diced
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1⁄3 cup dry roasted salted peanut
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (steamed)
- soy sauce (optional)
- Start steaming your brown rice ahead of time.
- Heat canola oil in frying pan on medium heat.
- Add carrots peanuts and basil stirring frequently for 5 minutes.
- Add snow peas and cook for another 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add apples and stir.
- Top rice with mixture.
- Add soy sauce if you prefer (I don't but my boyfriend does).
This was AWESOME! I made this for lunch this afternoon. We had a guest come over who said it was the best rice dish he's had in ages! I felt very happy because he wanted to title it "Charishma's Apple Pea Rice". But, I told him, the credit goes to Casie completely:) Thank you, Casie, we all loved the rice. I did add a little soy sauce to my serving, but the others preferred it without the same. It tastes good with or without the soy sauce. I used 1 cup of brown rice and it made 4-6 servings. The apples in this gave this dish the main punch, I'd say, they added all the flavour in the world to this. I loved this rice, I'll be making it very often or for a special party I'm planning soon:) Thanks a tonne!
I definitely felt healthy for eating so many fruits and veggies in one meal. I added some red bell pepper, left out the oil & used PAM, and used honey roasted peanuts because that's what I had on hand (and thought the sweetness might add a nice little flavor). I have a sneaky feeling it will taste better tomorrow after all of the ingredients have a chance to happy together! Definitely worth making!
this was great! I added broccoli and onions by Turned out wonderful