1/1 Photo of Vegetarian American Chop Suey (Crock-Pot)
4 hrs 15 mins
This reminded me of American Chop Suey (an old '60s comfort food recipe which I used to make in a skillet on the stove) but healthier and made in a crockpot. I thought a chopped green pepper or sliced mushrooms may be great additions to this recipe. Adapted from Fresh From the Vegetarian Slow Cooker
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, crushed
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen vegetarian veggie crumbles
- 1 -2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 8 ounces pasta (I used bow ties, but any macaroni-type of pasta will work)
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1In a skillet over medium heat heat oil and then add onion, cooking until softened. Stir in garlic and cook another minute or so. Although I didn't use them I thought a green pepper and/or mushrooms would be great to add to the skillet.
- 2Transfer onion mixture to the crockpot.
- 3Stir in next 7 ingredients (tomatoes - pepper) and cook on low for 3 1/2 hours.
- 4Stir in pasta, cover and cook on low for another 30 minutes.
- 5Stir in basil and sprinkle with cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian American Chop Suey (Crock-Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 522.3
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 11.0 mg
- Sodium 675.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 29.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: