Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 4 ounces tofu
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Amaretto
- 14 ounces coconut milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Grease a 9" x 5" x 3" loaf pan.
- Blend together tofu and sugar thoroughly in an electric mixer or by mashing them together in a large mixing bowl with the utensil of your choice.
- Mix Amaretto and coconut milk into tofu until well blended.
- Meanwhile, sift together flour, salt and baking powder.
- Toss in coconut flakes, then add dry ingredients to liquid mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake until done, about 50 minutes.
- Cool slightly before removing from pan.
- Toasted slices of this bread are very nice with tea, coffee, or your fave hot beverage.
- Note: 1 teaspoon of almond extract and 1/4 cup of water may be substituted for the 1/4 cup of Amaretto.
- 1 1/2 cups water plus 1/4 cup oil may be used instead of coconut milk.