1/1 Photo of Vegetarian Albanian Leek Casserole (Tave Me Presh)
This is a vegetarian version of a traditional Albanian dish. It makes a tasty side and is delicious served with yogurt, which is commonly eaten in Albanian meals. You can use any mushrooms you want, but the stronger tasting ones are better. Spice to taste, I like more red pepper than the Albanians probably do. Adapted from 20 Albanian Recipes and submitted for My Food Odyssey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and cut on a slant into 1-inch thick slices the whites and pale green of the leeks.
- 2Saute leeks in a little oil and place in a baking pan.
- 3Chop onions and mushrooms coarsely.
- 4Saute onion and mushrooms in remaining oil.
- 5Add broth powder, water, tomato sauce, red pepper, salt and pepper, and bring to a boil. If your mushrooms are not very watery, add a little more water and broth.
- 6Pour onion/mushroom mixture over the leeks.
- 7Bake for 45 minutes at 375 degrees.
- 8Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Albanian Leek Casserole (Tave Me Presh)
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.0
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 33.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: