Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Not sure how authentically African this is, but according to the recipe name . . . Anyway, I confiscated it to use on the World Tour 4!
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 cup soymilk
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter (I use extra crunchy)
- 1 tablespoon flour (more or less)
- 1 tablespoon water (more or less)
- 1 dash hot sauce (definitely OPTIONAL) (optional)
- In large pot, bring vegetable broth to simmer.
- Add tomatoes, carrots & onions, then reduce heat to medium-low & cover.
- Cook at least 20 minutes, or until carrots are tender.
- Stir in soy milk & peanut butter, whisking to incorporate.
- If needed, add a mixture of flour & water to thicken.
- Serve hot.
Very tasty. The peanut butter makes this rich but it's not overly done. I added one small sweet potato and some cilantro after reading the reviews (plus I just happened to have them on hand). I served this with a side of roasted cauliflower. Made for the Jan 09 veggie swap.
this was very good, I used regular milk in place of the soymilk and used homemade chicken broth in place of the veggie broth, I also added in some cayenne pepper, next time I will add in some different veggies, thanks for sharing Syd!
You've got a winner here Sydney Mike! I love love love this soup! It was easy to make, although it has a very complex taste. I used lite coconut milk in place of the soymilk and cut the peanut butter back to 1/2c to cut a few calories, if you aren't watching calories I'd say go all the way with the pb! I added the flour/water combo at the end, but probably wouldn't bother to add it the next time. I did add the hot sauce and very much enjoyed the end result. Made for Holiday tag.