Recipe by Sydney Mike
Not sure how authentically African this is, but according to the recipe name . . . Anyway, I confiscated it to use on the World Tour 4!
Top Review by VegSocialWorker
Very tasty. The peanut butter makes this rich but it's not overly done. I added one small sweet potato and some cilantro after reading the reviews (plus I just happened to have them on hand). I served this with a side of roasted cauliflower. Made for the Jan 09 veggie swap.
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 cup soymilk
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter (I use extra crunchy)
- 1 tablespoon flour (more or less)
- 1 tablespoon water (more or less)
- 1 dash hot sauce (definitely OPTIONAL) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot, bring vegetable broth to simmer.
- Add tomatoes, carrots & onions, then reduce heat to medium-low & cover.
- Cook at least 20 minutes, or until carrots are tender.
- Stir in soy milk & peanut butter, whisking to incorporate.
- If needed, add a mixture of flour & water to thicken.
- Serve hot.