Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great recipe from my recipe binders. It is light and refreshing for pasta.
- 1⁄2 cup cauliflower floret
- 1⁄3 cup sliced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli floret
- 1⁄4 cup julienne-sliced sweet red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup julienne-sliced yellow sweet pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon sliced green onion
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1 dash seasoning salt
- Combine cauliflower and carrot in a steamer basket over boiling water.
- Cover and steam vegetables 5-7 minutes.
- Add broccoli and red and yellow peppers; steam another 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, heat chicken broth in a small saucepan.
- Combine cornstarch and water, stirring until blended; ad to broth, stirring constantly, until smooth and thickened.
- Add butter, lemon juice, parsley, green onion, pepper, and seasoned salt; cook 1 minute.
- Drizzle lemon sauce over vegetables jut before serving.
This was very good. The whole family enjoyed it. I think a bit more lemon might make it better.