Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
VEGETABLES WITH LEMON AND CHIVE BUTTER (Microwave 700 watts)
- 750 g asparagus spears
- 3 small courgettes
- 6 medium carrots
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 60 g butter
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons French mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Trim the tough ends off the asparagus.
- Cut the courgettes into quarters lengthwise; cut carrots in half lengthwise. Arrange carrots in an oblong shaped microwave dish so the ends over lap (fat ends to the end of the casserole and thin ends to the middle) in the centre; add water.
- Cook, covered, on HIGH 4 minutes.
- Arrange the asparagus on top of the carrots so the tips are over lapping.
- Arrange courgettes in layer on top of the carrots and asparagus.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 8 - 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- BUTTER:- Combine butter, chives, mustard, lemon zest and juice and salt in a bowl.
- Cook on HIGH 2 1/2 - 3 minutes, until butter has melted.
- Arrange vegetables on a warm plate and pour the Lemon and Chive Butter over.
- Cheers, Doreen Doreen Randal, Wanganui.
- New Zealand.
Love easy vegetable dishes that can be cooked in the microwave. I used small brussels sprouts instead of asparagus. The sauce was wonderful and complemented the vegetables nicely.