Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Crisp, crunchy veggies cooked in a lightly spiced Thai style sauce. From Ontario Milk Marketing Board
- 2 carrots, diagonally sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup cremini mushroom, quartered
- 1 cup 35% cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon hot chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb fusilli, cooked
- Saute carrots in butter for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining vegetables and saute a further 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix together cream and cornstarch; stir until smooth and set aside Add remaining sauce ingredients to vegetables, except fusilli.
- Cook, vegetables and sauce ingredients for 2 minutes.
- Gradually stir in cream mixture; bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Turn down heat and simmer for 1 minute.
- Pour vegetable mixture over fusilli and serve immediately.
Made the less-saturated-fat version using nonfat milk. Still luscious and wonderful. Quick and simple to put together. Excellent.