Recipe by ladyfingers
An easy, make-ahead vegetable dish. The recipe originally came from Betty Van Kley, from "I've Got A Cook In Kalamazoo!"
Top Review by SrtaMaestra
This recipe has great potential, with a few adjustments. When pouring the soup over the vegetables, it was obvious that it was too thick and just wasn't going to work properly, so I added a little milk. I would add the milk to the soup and mix together before pouring over vegetables to make a nice sauce. With this change (& maybe even without the change), the bake time needs to be increased a bit before uncovering. I really like the combination of the cheese and french fried onions on top. We used all fresh cauliflower and no broccoli because that was what we had on hand, and used Spanish Manchego cheese in place of parmesan. YUM!!! This was also in need of a generous dose of salt and pepper. I think a little garlic powder would also be good here. Thanks for posting this! Made for PAC Fall 2008.
- 1 fresh whole cauliflower or 1 (10 ounce) package frozen cauliflower
- 1 bunch fresh broccoli or 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli spears
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) can French-fried onions
Directions See How It's Made
- If using fresh vegetables, break into florets.
- Steam vegetables until almost done.
- Put into a 2 quart buttered baking dish.
- Cover with soup, parmesan cheese and onions.
- Bake, covered at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- If microwaving, follow above directions, using a 2 quart glass baking dish. Microwave on high for 4-5 minutes, or until heated through.