Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
The original recipe came from Secrets of Fat-Free cooking called Old-Fashioned Beef Stew. I took out the meat and added more vegetables and herbs.
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce (salt free)
- 16 ounces water (depends on how soupy you want your stew)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash tomato basil garlic seasoning
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 cup baby carrots, cut in half
- 4 white pearl onions, cut in half
- 1 medium celery rib, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (including leaves)
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can zucchini with Italian-style tomato sauce
- In a Dutch oven pour in tomato sauce, water, herbs, bouillon cube, Worcestershire sauce and potatoes bring to boil. Cover, and cook for 30 minutes or until potatoes are just tender.
- Add carrots, onions, celery, mixed vegetables and zucchini. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Serve hot.
- * to make vegetarian leave out.