Recipe by littleturtle
Nutritional value of this dish will vary with your vegetable choice. Cauliflower is a good source of Vitamin C, carrots are a good source of Vitamin A, and broccoli is a good source of both.
Top Review by Brenda.
Very Easy. I really, really enjoyed this! The almonds gave the dish a nice toasty taste. I used a blend of Cauliflower, Broccoli, and Carrots, with low sodium soy sauce. Thanks for posting! Nick's Mom
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 (10 ounce) packagecut frozen asparagus or 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli or 1 (10 ounce) package frozen cauliflower or 1 (10 ounce) package frozen carrots, thawed
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms, drained (4 oz can)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown almonds in margarine over low heat.
- Remove almonds and set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients to margarine, cover, and simmer over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Top with almonds and serve.