Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Got this from TOH's Quick Cook magazine.
- 6 -8 medium carrots, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen cauliflower florets
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) jars whole mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 8 tablespoons butter or 8 tablespoons margarine, melted,divided
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned croutons
- Place the carrots and water in a 3-quart microwave safe dish.
- Cover and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cauliflower.
- Cover and microwave for 8-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender; drain.
- Add mushrooms; cover and set aside.
- In another microwave safe dish, combine cornstarch, salt, pepper, milk, and 6 tablespoons butter until smooth.
- Cover and microwave on HIGH for 4-6 minutes or until thickened and smooth.
- Add cheeses and stir until melted.
- Pour over vegetables.
- Cover and microwave for 3-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Combine croutons and remaining butter; stir into vegetables.