1/1 Photo of Vegetables Marinated in a Garlic Dressing
The chefs at Gourmet Alley in Gilroy California, famous for their garlic festival every year have shared some of their best recipes, via Country Living magazine(July 1987). I have tweaked this just slightly. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups cauliflower florets, blanched
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, stems removed
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, seeded, thinly sliced (or red pepper)
- 1 (8 ounce) can jumbo pitted ripe olives
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 garlic cloves, slivered
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar, to taste (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 cups broccoli florets, blanched
- 1Blanch cauliflower and broccoli by bring water to a boil in a pot and then add in both vegs. Leave in 1 minute, then remove to a bowl of ice cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain well.
- 2In a medium glass bowl(or stainless steel), combine cauliflower, tomatoes, pepper slices, and olives.
- 3In a jar with tight fitting lid, combine oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, sugar if using,salt, basil, and black pepper.
- 4Cover tightly and shakke until well mixed. pour over vegetable mixture; cover tightly and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- 5Cover and refrigerate broccoli separately.
- 6Just before serving, add broccoli to marinated vegetables and toss to combine well. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetables Marinated in a Garlic Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.2
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 529.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar