Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This dish goes with so many "stand-alone" meats. Nice creamy flavor and pretty golden color.
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 (11 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1⁄3 cup beer
- 1 1⁄2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Cook broccoli and cauliflower in boiling water for 6 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Drain well and keep warm.
- Meanehile, in smaller saucepan over medium heat, combine soup, beer, cheese, and nutmeg.
- heat through stirring frequently.
- Pour vegetables into serving dish.
- Pour sauce over top when ready to serve.
This cheese sauce is absolutely delicious. I used 2 cups frozen broccoli, 2 cups frozen cauliflower. The nutmeg flavor just tops it off, very subtle. Thanks so much for sharing this!
I love vege's with cheese sauce and this was so good. Used frozen broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots (california blend) that I thawed in the microwave. The sauce is easy to put together and the nutmeg is mild, not an overwhelming flavor. A quick and very tasty side dish! Made and reviewed for KC's Cookathon for KGCOOK's.