Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Use whatever vegetables you feel like, the sauce is the main thing.
Make and share this Vegetables in Garlic Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Place water in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Add vegetables; reduce heat to low.
- Cook, uncovered, 9-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic; cook and stir until golden brown.
- Remove from heat; stir in mayonnaise and milk.
- Drain vegetables; place in serving bowl.
- Pour in garlic sauce; toss to evenly coat.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
I made this with green beans. I followed the directions, but it wasn't a very dimensional sauce; I tasted the mayo more than I tasted anything else. I added garlic powder, paprika, and chicken seasoning, and it was ok. I thought about adding cheese, but I wanted a garlic sauce more than a cheese sauce. I probably won't make it again.
I made this for supper tonight. My veggie blend had cauliflower, broccoli, carrot, red pepper and snow peas. I used fat-free mayo and skim milk. It looked very creamy, and smelled nice and garlicky. It just did not taste good. I will not make it again.