Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The original of this slightly tweaked recipe was found in the February/March 2010 issue of the Taste of Home magazine.
- In a steamer, cook carrots and cauliflower for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add broccoli and steam another 4 or 5 minutes or until vegetables are just crisp tender.
- Meanwhile, heat vegetable oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Add cream cheese spread and milk, cooking and stirring constantly for 2 to 3 minutes or until cream cheese is melted.
- Transfer vegetables to a serving dish.
- Top with the cream cheese sauce.
WOW, why have I not thought of this before? This is simple, healthy and tastes good enough for holidays and special occasions. I used fresh veggies and this came together like a dream. The cream cheese makes a wonderful sauce and makes this a dish that you keep wanting "just one more bite" of. I'm so glad I found this. :D