Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I was in Dairy Queen and ate chili lime chicken fillets. I liked the taste so came home and thought I would duplicate the taste with lemon,chili/broth/vegies and chicken or fish since MH can eat only "fins and feathers" once in a while,and lots of vegetables.There is no salt except in the chicken broth for dietary reasons.
- 4 cups chopped celery, 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups chopped chopped yellow red green peppers
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes or 3 chicken base
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 boneless chicken fillets or 4 boneless fish fillets
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- Chop the vegetables.
- Pour olive oil in large 4 quart glass casserole dish with lid.
- Put the vegetables in dish.
- In small saucepan heat the water and chicken boullion cubes or chicken base to make chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Pour broth over the vegetables.
- Add chili powder and lemon peel, lemon juice and stir.
- Cover, bake 20 minutes.
- Check and stir once during the cooking time.
- Add fish or chicken fillets on top.
- Bake 20 minutes turning the fillets once.
- Place thick fish fillets on top,not thin or they may break apart. Vegetable broth may be used to serve over rice or potatoes. Serve in the baking dish.
I hate leaving bad reviews, but this has to be one of the worse recipes I've ever had on here.. It was horribly salty (3 bouillon cubes) ruined the whole dish. I tried my hardest to not let it go to waste by adding more lemon juice and spices but no luck. It was basically fish and veggies floating in a sea of salt water. After spending the time to chop up everything I was hoping it would be good but, sorry it wasn't...
Added Zucchini cubes to the rest of the vegatables...Really is a great , quick dish and yes you almost have Dairy Queen copied , but I like your version better. Will be making it again. A fellow Montanan who knows Dairy Queen...