Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a pasta and vegetable mix, with a nice creamy cheese sauce. I have posted this as originally posted by Laurier Champigny in the cookbook "Cuisine a la Mode", but I like to add just a splash of white wine to the mix at the end.
- 3 cups bow tie pasta, uncooked
- 4 carrots, scraped and cut into julienne strips
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into julienne strips
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 1 1⁄2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package Velveeta cheese or 1 (8 ounce) packageprocessed loaf cheese spread, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried whole & crushed
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Saute julienned carrot, zucchini, green pepper, and minced garlic in melted butter in a large skillet until vegetables are crisp-tender. Reduce heat to low; add cheese, half and half, and basil, stirring until cheese melts.
- Add reserved cooked pasta, and toss gently. Cook just until mixture is thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
Easy and delicious! I used some skim milk instead of half and half and penne instead of farfalle, as I couldn't find any multigrain farfalle in my grocery. This was very enjoyable! Thanks for sharing!
Yummy! There was a lot of veggies in this. Lots more than I was expecting. I loved that. I added some sliced onion, some mushrooms that I wanted to use up and, a little more cheese and some crushed red pepper to kick it up a little. Thanks for posting this really flexible recipe.
Oh yum, this was great, totally my kind of dinner! Quick, everything on hand (more or less), very easy comfort food and tasted delicious! I did use rigatoni, not having farfalle, and I added the wine ;) Really enjoyed this and am having the leftovers for lunch, what a great pleasure :) Thank you breezermom, made and enjoyed for YUKU For Your Consideration