1/4 Photos of Vegetables Fromage
This is a pasta and vegetable mix, with a nice creamy cheese sauce. I have posted this as originally posted by Laurier Champigny in the cookbook "Cuisine a la Mode", but I like to add just a splash of white wine to the mix at the end.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups bow tie pasta, uncooked
- 4 carrots, scraped and cut into julienne strips
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into julienne strips
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 1 1/2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package Velveeta cheese or 1 (8 ounce) package processed loaf cheese spread, cubed
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried whole & crushed
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- 2Saute julienned carrot, zucchini, green pepper, and minced garlic in melted butter in a large skillet until vegetables are crisp-tender. Reduce heat to low; add cheese, half and half, and basil, stirring until cheese melts.
- 3Add reserved cooked pasta, and toss gently. Cook just until mixture is thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetables Fromage
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.9
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 64.8 mg
- Sodium 647.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 10.4 g