Recipe by breezermom
This is a pasta and vegetable mix, with a nice creamy cheese sauce. I have posted this as originally posted by Laurier Champigny in the cookbook "Cuisine a la Mode", but I like to add just a splash of white wine to the mix at the end.
Top Review by Starrynews
Easy and delicious! I used some skim milk instead of half and half and penne instead of farfalle, as I couldn't find any multigrain farfalle in my grocery. This was very enjoyable! Thanks for sharing!
- 3 cups bow tie pasta, uncooked
- 4 carrots, scraped and cut into julienne strips
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into julienne strips
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 1 1⁄2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package Velveeta cheese or 1 (8 ounce) packageprocessed loaf cheese spread, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried whole & crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Saute julienned carrot, zucchini, green pepper, and minced garlic in melted butter in a large skillet until vegetables are crisp-tender. Reduce heat to low; add cheese, half and half, and basil, stirring until cheese melts.
- Add reserved cooked pasta, and toss gently. Cook just until mixture is thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.