1/1 Photo of Vegetables Au Gratin
This creates a very rich dish, which can be varied according to taste by simply changing the cheese and / or vegetables used.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons red onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups shredded medium cheddar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup green beans, chopped
- 1Steam carrots, cauliflower and green beans until fork tender.
- 2In a separate, large saucepan, melt margarine. Add onion and cook over medium high heat, stirring occasionally until tender.
- 3Whisk in flour, celery salt and oregano. Cook and stir one minute. Add milk, broth and lemon juice.
- 4Cook and whisk until thickened and bubbly all over.
- 5Stir in shredded cheddar until melted. Add hot, drained vegetables to saucepan, stirring to coat evenly with the sauce.
- 6Pour vegetables and sauce into deep one quart casserole dish.
- 7In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs with romano cheese, olive oil and parsley. Mix well.
- 8Sprinkle bread crumb mixture over the top of vegetables.
- 9Bake uncovered in 350 F oven for 25 - 30 minutes, until heated through and crumbs are golden brown.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetables Au Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.9
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 37.2 mg
- Sodium 435.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 12.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: