Recipe by adena mangis
This is from Betty Crocker's Diabetes cookbook. I am trying to eat better and thought that this would be good. The food exchange is 1 1/2 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable.
- 8 eggs or 2 cups fat-free fat-free liquid egg product
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped bell peppers
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs, salt, and pepper in medium bowl with wire whisk until mixed.
- Stir in cheese; set aside.
- Heat oil in oven proof 10 inches skillet on medium heat. Cook peppers and onion in skillet until tender.
- Pour egg mixture over veggies. Cover and cook over medium-low heat 8-10 minutes or until eggs are set and light brown on bottom.
- Set oven control to broil.
- Broil frittata with top 4-6 inches from heat 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut into wedges.