Mini Ravindran's Note:
A great Greek dish that can be served cold or hot. The dish is best when fresh new vegetables are plentiful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2 large fennel bulbs, thinly slice with feathery leaves reserved
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 14.79 ml coriander seed, lightly crushed
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium cauliflower, divided into florets
- 177.44 ml green beans, trimmed
- 354.88 ml button mushrooms, halved or quartered
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 29.58-44.37 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 1Warm the oil in a large saucepan over moderate heat; add the fennel and onion.
- 2Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- 3Add the garlic, coriander seeds, and tomatoes and cook, uncovered, until the vegetables are tender and any liquid has disappeared.
- 4In a separate pan steam the cauliflowers and green beans until just tender.
- 5Once the fennel and tomato mixture is ready, add the mushrooms and cook gently for 3 to 4 minutes.
- 6Stir in the cauliflowers and green beans, and season with salt and black pepper.
- 7Remove from the heat and set aside.
- 8Sprinkle with parsley and serve warm or cool.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetables A La Grecque
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.3
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 66.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 3.9 g