The original recipe calls for the endive so that is what I posted but I have used broccoli, escarole, radicchio, broccoli rabe and fennel with wonderful results. I have found that some veggies like the broccoli and fennel benifit from being blanched for a few minutes b4 using in this dish. Most softer veggies and greens do not need this pre-treatment. Use your best judgment.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 365°F.
- 2Clean and trim vegetables and cut into bite size pieces.
- 3Butter the bottom and sides of a baking dish
- 4Layer the vegetable in the dish with half the cheese.
- 5Pour the bechamel over the vegetable to cover.
- 6Top with remaining cheese and season to taste.
- 7Bake for 30-40 minutes or until vegetable is tender and the dish is golden on top.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable With Bechamel Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (532 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.9
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 26.2 mg
- Sodium 344.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.9 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 11.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: