1/1 Photo of Vegetable Toss
Barb Gertz's Note:
This is a Salad, easy to double for a crowd. The recipe comes from the Salinas Valley, just 8 miles from Monterey bay. This valley grows 80% of the of the nations lettuce, 60% of the broccoli, 50% of the cauliflower and mushrooms, 90% of the artichokes & 25% of the celery, that is why it is called the Salad Bowl of the World. This takes 2 hours refrigration time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 medium romaine lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 bunch broccoli, broken into small florets (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 small cauliflower, broken into small florets (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup sliced radish
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- fresh ground pepper
- imitation bacon bits (or favorite salad topping)
- 1Layer half of the lettuce, broccoli, and cauliflower in a clear salad bowl.
- 2Top with Radishes and remaining lettuce, broccoli, and cauliflower.
- 3Mix mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard and onions:drop by spoonfuls onto cauliflower;sprinkle with dill and pepper.
- 4Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- 5Just before serving, sprinkle with your favorite salad topping.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Toss
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 72.1
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 4.2 mg
- Sodium 56.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: