Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fresh stir fry is great and healthy quick one dish meal.
- 4 ounces firm tofu
- 8 ounces calamari
- 6 ounces water chestnuts
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 cup diced yellow squash
- 2 cups bok choy
- 2 tablespoons slivered ginger
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 4 ounces bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 ounces sake or 2 ounces dry white wine
- 6 cups cooked rice
- In wok, add 1 tablespoon of sesame oil. Add tofu and lightly fry, set to side. Add calamari lightly fry calamari and set with tofu.
- In wok add remaining sesame oil and carrots and cook for about 3 minutes. Add slivered ginger, garlic, zucchini and squash and cook for about 3 more minutes.
- Add bok choy and add back in tofu and calamari. Drizzle sweet soy over ingredients and stir.
- Add sake and continue cooking until all ingredients are tender.
- Add bean sprouts, toss lightly and remove from heat.
- Serve over 1 cup of steamed rice.