Recipe by zeldaz51
Simple and earthy, a mandolin makes it simple to slice the vegetables evenly. This would go well with any simply cooked protein or could be a vegetarian entree.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1 medium potato, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (1 tbsp. fresh)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheese (Parmesan, Romano, or Asiago, or a blend)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat the oil in a small skillet on medium high heat and saute the onion until soft but not browned. Add garlic for the final minute of cooking.
- Spray an 8 X 8 inch pan or a round baking dish or gratin dish with cooking spray. Spread the sauteed mixture in the bottom of the pan, then arrange the sliced vegetables in ton top, vertically, in an alternating pattern. Season generously and sprinkle with thyme.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove foil, top with cheese, and bake another 15 or 20 minutes until tender and cheese has lightly browned.