Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
A variation on a recipe I found in "1001 Lowfat Vegetarian Recipes" This recipe can be made with as much or as little garlic as you want. The amount listed is the amount I usually use. The original had no garlic, and it didn't taste right to me.
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 -4 garlic cloves
- 1 -2 tablespoon margarine or 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup broccoli floret, cooked until just barely tender
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine or 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 16 ounces spaghetti, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute mushrooms, zucchini, bell peppers, garlic, and onion in a large saucepan for about 5 min; stir in broccoli.
- Mix flour and stock. Stir into saucepan with milk and wine. Heat to boiling, and stir consantly until thickened, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add pasta, parmasan, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Pour pasta mixture into 2 quart casserole and bake, uncovered, until browned and bubbling, about 45 minute.
Yum. Last time i made this i didn't put much milk in, coz it looked to me like it might have been too liquidy. I was wrong! This time i followed the recipe as posted except i used olive oil instead of the butter & used pasta spirals to hold the sauce better. Tasty, filling & low in fat - I like it!