Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Surprisingly simple, surprisingly tasty. Uses eggs and mayonnaise with carrots, pickles, peppers, pimento and onions. Requires a food processor. Cook time is chill time. Yield can vary greatly, depending on how filling is used.
- In a food processor, process carrot and onion; remove and squeeze dry; set aside.
- Process peppers and pickles to same size and texture as carrots and onions; remove, squeeze dry and add to carrot mixture.
- Process eggs to same size as vegetables; add to mixture.
- Dice pimentos and add to mixture.
- Stir in mayonnaise to desired smoothness and add salt and pepper to taste; chill at least 30 minutes.
- Spread filling on bread slices; cut open-faced sandwiches twice, diagonally; place in single layers in plastic container with airtight lid; separate layers with waxed paper; chill until ready to serve.
yay! First I have to say that my 6-yr old daughter raved about this and is letting me pack the leftovers for her school lunch. Just for that it gets 5 stars!!<br/>I had to make a few substitutions, for the pimiento and the pickles I substituted green olives. I think it worked well but would be willing to try the pickles in the future. I used a small amount (between 1/4 and 1/3 cup) of red onions but in the future hubby would like me to leave them out unless sweet onions are in season. They weren't bad in the initial flavor but left an oniony aftertaste. Rather than making tea sandwhiches I made a traditional two faced sandwhich for a dinner to go. My daughter is excited to use these for a tea someday if we throw one for her friends. Reviewed for Bargain Basement tag game.