Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Surprisingly simple, surprisingly tasty. Uses eggs and mayonnaise with carrots, pickles, peppers, pimento and onions. Requires a food processor. Cook time is chill time. Yield can vary greatly, depending on how filling is used.
- In a food processor, process carrot and onion; remove and squeeze dry; set aside.
- Process peppers and pickles to same size and texture as carrots and onions; remove, squeeze dry and add to carrot mixture.
- Process eggs to same size as vegetables; add to mixture.
- Dice pimentos and add to mixture.
- Stir in mayonnaise to desired smoothness and add salt and pepper to taste; chill at least 30 minutes.
- Spread filling on bread slices; cut open-faced sandwiches twice, diagonally; place in single layers in plastic container with airtight lid; separate layers with waxed paper; chill until ready to serve.