Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
The picture of this dish was so appealing that I wanted to post it here for safe keeping. Sounds absolutely delicious and easy to make. I think it would be great for a brunch, tapas appetizer, or an addition to any light meal. You can change out the veggies in a number of ways -- just use your imagination.
- butter, for greasing
- 12 ready-baked pastry shells (puff pastry)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (or green onion)
- 8 ounces ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, torn
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (or dried)
- salt and pepper
- Grease several baking sheets. Place the ready-baked pastry shells on the prepared baking sheets.
- Heat oil in a skillet, add the bell pepper, garlic, and onion, and cook over high heat for about 3 minutes until soft. Add the tomatoes, herbs, seasoning and spoon onto the pastry shells.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 400 degrees F, for about 5 minutes, or until the filling is piping hot. Serve warm with a green salad.