Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
A recipe I picked up on my travels. It was originally cooked in a special piece of pointed cookware called a tagine but this version has been adapted to work in the oven.
- 2 red onions, quartered with the root intact
- 2 carrots, in chunks
- 1⁄2 swede, in chunks
- 2 red peppers, in chunks
- 2 green chilies, diced
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- 200 g cherry tomatoes
- 6 baby courgettes, in chunks
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 240 g chickpeas, tinned
- 475 g couscous
- Heat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Place the olive oil in a roasting pan and put in the oven to heat up.
- Mix chilies and spices in a bowl add all the fresh vegetables apart from the courgettes and tomatoes and toss to coat.
- Tip seasoned veg into roasting pan and cook for 20 minutes.
- Put a cross on each tomato and add these and the courgettes to the other veg. Cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Remove veg from pan and place on serving dish reserving any juices in the pan.
- Place the pan on a high heat and add the tomato paste stirring well, add 200ml water and boil well until sauce thickens.
- Open chickpeas and mix with couscous. Pour over enough boiling water to just cover and stand for 3 minutes.
- Serve with the tagine and cover in sauce.