Recipe by sarajweyland
These are fun to make and gets in that seaweed. I have also made these using barley if you want to try something different.
- 200 g brown rice
- 1 wheat free vegetable stock cube
- 4 -6 sheets nori, sushi
- 2 avocados, mashed with squirt of lemon and lime juice
- 1⁄2 cucumber, cut into julienne strips
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into julienne strips
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeded and finely shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the rice and stock cube in a pot and add 500 ml of boiling water. Bring back to a boil, cover, lower the heat and simmer for 7-10 minutes or until the water has been absorbed. Allow the rice to chill.
- Place a sushi sheet on a flat surface or on a bamboo mat. Spread evenly with the mashed avocado, leaving a 1/2 inch border.
- Add a thin layer of rice.
- Arrange a row of each remaining ingredient in the center of the roll. Carefully fold the edge of the sheet closest to you over the filling. Tuck the end in and begin to roll, as tightly as possible. Before you reach the end, moisten the top edge of the nori sheet with a little water so it sticks. Wrap in cling film and place in the fridge until ready to eat.
- To serve slice the sushi with a very sharp knife into 1/2 - 1 inch pieces. Serve with a little tamari/soy sauce.