echo echo's Note:
This is a recipe that I adopted in the Recipezaar recipe give-away of Feb 2005. The original recipe was a bit bland to me so I've tweaked it a bit. A nice, very quick and easy lunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup cabbage, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons radishes, finely chopped
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1 cup cheese, cheddar, shredded
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne hot pepper sauce (or a few drops)
- 1/4 cup alfalfa sprout
- 1Combine cabbage through radishes.
- 2Place toast on baking sheet and top each slice with 1/2 cup of vegetable mixture.
- 3In a small saucepan cook and stir cheese through cayenne over medium heat until cheese is melted.
- 4Spoon cheese sauce over sandwiches.
- 5Broil 4 inches from heat about 5 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- 6Transfer to serving plates and top with sprouts.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable-Style Rarebit
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.1
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 36.1 mg
- Sodium 708.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 15.7 g