Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe that I adopted in the Recipezaar recipe give-away of Feb 2005. The original recipe was a bit bland to me so I've tweaked it a bit. A nice, very quick and easy lunch.
- 1⁄4 cup cabbage, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons radishes, finely chopped
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1 cup cheese, cheddar, shredded
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne hot pepper sauce (or a few drops)
- 1⁄4 cup alfalfa sprout
- Combine cabbage through radishes.
- Place toast on baking sheet and top each slice with 1/2 cup of vegetable mixture.
- In a small saucepan cook and stir cheese through cayenne over medium heat until cheese is melted.
- Spoon cheese sauce over sandwiches.
- Broil 4 inches from heat about 5 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- Transfer to serving plates and top with sprouts.