Recipe by MsSally
I took the basic concept of WiGal's "Corn Stuffed Pork Chops" and changed it into a slightly different version of stuffing and vegetables for the make it healthier game. I omitted the corn and added broccoli, changed the soft bread crumbs into stuffing mix and changed and made it into a crock pot recipe.
Top Review by VA
In one word - REPULSIVE. Made as directed using fresh broccoli. The stuffing was like soup and the chops were so dry they looked like shredded jerky. The look of it was very unappetizing. My family took one bite each and we threw the entire thing in the garbage. I'm not usually so harsh but this was a huge waste of money and I'm pretty upset. DH is cooking us some hot dogs on the grill right now
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli
- 6 ounces reduced-sodium chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb center-cut pork chops
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet. Add onion, celery and green pepper saute for about 3 mins or till begin to soften. Add frozen broccoli and continue to saute until broccoli is thawed.
- Mix vegetables, water, stuffing and egg sub.
- Spray inside of crock with cooking spray, place chops in bottom of crock, season with garlic, pepper and sage.
- Pour stuffing over chops and place top on crock.
- Cook on low 8 hours.