Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy quick appy from Better Homes and Gardens.
- 8 -10 plum tomatoes, about 1 lb, total
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon snipped basil
- 3⁄4 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped peeled jicama
- Cut tomatoes lengthwise in half or quarters.
- Scoop out the pulp, leaving 1/4 inch thick shells.
- Discard pulp, Place tomato shells, cut side down, on paper towels.
- Let stand while preparing filling.
- For filling, combine cheese, green onion, sour cream, mayonnaise or salad dressing, and oregano or basil in a medium bowl.
- Stir in corn and jicama.
- To serve, spoon about 1 tablespoon of the veggy mixture into each tomato shell.
- Season to taste with freshly ground pepper.
- To make ahead, cover and refrigerate the tomato shells and filling separately for up 6 hours.
Quick Easy and tasty! I had these on a buffet style luncheon and they went over BIG TIME and very good looking. I added a bit of Peri-Peri (just a few drops) to the filling Thanks Dorothy for another good one
Made these for a wedding, what a hit! We made them for 250 people, you really love your friends during these times. Tomatoes were all over the kithen, but the ones we couldn't fit on trays we at.They were super easy, and everyone loved them and wanted the recipe. We will make them again. July 4th is around the corner. The jimca makes the stuffing, we sampled it first without, the with, you could tell the difference. In Mobile Jimca was a task to find, we found at Super Target only.