Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This is a unique twice-baked potato recipe that doesn't have the cheese and bacon of the traditional type. You can really taste the fresh flavor of the vegetables.
- 4 baking potatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake potatoes in 400-degree oven 1 hour or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Cool, halve and scoop out insides.
- Reserve shells.
- Sauté onion, carrots and mushrooms in butter until soft.
- In a large bowl, whip potatoes with an electric mixer.
- Add milk, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Heap back into shells and sprinkle with parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Warm in 325 oven for 10-15 minutes.